At St. Mary's Penzance, by the Rev. Prebendary Hedgeland, assisted by the Rev. W.W. Wingfield, vicar of Gulval, William Pitcairn Robley, Barrow-in-Furnace, Lancashire to Edith Margaret, fourth daughter of J.N. Nunn, the Abbey, Penzance.
Royal Cornwall Gazette. September 25th 1890.
On the 18th inst. at St. Mary's Church, Penzance, by the Rev. Prebendary Hedgeland M.A. assisted by the Rev. W.W. Wingfield, William Pitcairn Robley, Barrow-in-Furnace, to Edith Margaret, daughter of J.N.Nunn, the Abbey Penzance.
The Times. September 22nd. 1890.
MARRIAGE AT PENZANCE MISS EDITH M. NUNN (PENZANCE) AND MR. ROBLEY (NEWCASTLE). The hundreds of friends in West Cornwall which Mr. and Mrs. Nunn, of Penzance, have the pleasure of numbering, assembled in St. Mary's Church, in that town, on Thursday afternoon, to witness the wedding of Mr. William Robley, of Newcastle-on-Tyne, and Miss Edith M. Nunn, their fourth daughter. The ceremony was what is called "a quiet one," and the principals looked serious indeed until the ceremony was over and a host of friends tendered cheery congratulations.
At half-past two, to the strains of a wedding march (Mr. Pearce, of Hayle, a pupil of Mr. Nunn's, at the organ), the bride entered leaning on the arm of her father, and carrying a superb bouquet. Her bridesmaids - the Misses Violet Nunn and Isabel Robley - followed. The wedding party included Mrs. Robley, mother of the bridegroom, Miss Robley, Mr. Lock Anderson, Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Little, Mr. and Mrs. Nunn, Mr. Wilfred Nunn, and the Misses Nunn. Mr. Christopher Robley, brother of the bridegroom, acted as best man.
The bride was quietly but handsomely attired in white silk and veil, while the two bridesmaids wore white and pink muslin de laine, with hats to match trimmed with pink roses. The fragrant bouquets of pink roses and white flowers were none the worse for their journey from the metropolis, and were most tastefully arranged. The bridegroom's gift to the bride was a very beautiful diamond brooch with a heart containing a pearl in the centre, between two swallows formed of pearls set in gold. His presents to the bridesmaids were moonstone and pearl brooches of similar design. The wedding presents numbered quite a hundred and fifty, and comprised valuable articles in solid silver and rare china. The wedding cake was supplied by Mr. George Hamlyn, of Chapel-street, whose name is a sufficient guarantee of the excellence of this culinary dainty. Later in the day the newly-wedded pair left Penzance for their honeymoon, carrying with them the best wishes of their large circle of friends. They proceeded first to Plymouth en route for Scotland.
The Royal Cornwall Gazette. 25th Sept. 1890.